Virtualising the workforce: the next generation
of back office efficiency
Providing a new and key component to Business Process Services by combining Lean techniques with Robotic Process Automation
To meet industry challenges, companies continue to look for new ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs. To achieve this, they are being forced to adopt innovative methods and technologies, and devote greater resources to these strategic initiatives. SITS Lean Process Automation (LPA) can help clients meet these objectives.
How can SITS Lean Process Automation help?
In the past, outsourcing has proven to be an effective strategy for gaining competitive advantage in a number of industries. However, the introduction of new levels of automation opens up even greater opportunities to optimise operations, reduce costs and increase flexibility. Importantly, this automation also allows organisations to free up workers to focus on higher value or customer facing roles, leading to improved customer satisfaction and staff morale. In recognition of this market shift, SITS has partnered with the best of companies such as Blue prism, the leading developer of Enterprise Robotic Process Automation (ERPA) software, to offer companies a pioneering service to expedite the delivery of their core processes more efficiently, accurately and cost-effectively.
SITS Lean Process Automation provides a virtual workforce of ‘Robotic FTEs’, configured to interface with existing IT applications to perform manual, rules-based back office tasks at a reduced cost and unprecedented speed and accuracy. This virtual workforce, controlled by business users, delivers consistently high quality, lean and efficient transaction processing, in line with organisational security policies, with up to 24/7 operation. In addition, automating processes in this way generates Management Information (MI) that provides deep insight into the business process transactions, enabling highly informed business decisions to be made.
Reaping the benefits of Lean Process Automation
Process automation efficiencies are often achieved in business functions that involve customer on-boarding, service provision or departures. However, any business area featuring a high volume of manual, highly repetitive, multi-step and rules-based tasks is a strong candidate for LPA. Some examples of processes that can be automated include: the allocation of qualified sales leads into the customer service outbound call queue; the customer complaints flow according to service level agreements; and direct debit cancellations and account closures.
Headline business benefits include:
- Customer Satisfaction – automation brings “right first time, every time” to customer related processes – reducing complaints and the associated rework, resulting in increased customer satisfaction scores, sales and revenue
- Management of peaks and troughs – can address seasonal peaks in demand without the need to take on temporary staff and associated costs, improving business agility
- Removal of staff attrition and re-training costs – through migration to virtual workforce
- Faster, more accurate throughput – can cut data entry costs by up to 70%, with a virtual FTE costing as little as a ninth of an onshore FTE
- Automated preparation of reports for regulatory authorities – information is accurate and produced in timely fashion
What makes us different?
SITS Lean Process Automation combines our award winning Business Process Services (BPS) expertise with Blue Prism’s ERPA technology, to achieve increased efficiency and profitability through:
- Our specialist domain knowledge – developed during our 40 years’ experience providing BPS and outsourcing services to the UK public and private sectors.
- Our ‘Enhanced’ Lean process re-engineering capability: ensuring your business has an embedded continuous improvement culture.- Previously, Shared Service Centres / Centres of Excellence and service providers have sought to industrialise the common business processes through various methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) and with BPM tools- Lean Process Automation takes this a step further by grouping ‘common’ processes and creating repeatable, renewable and transferrable automated business process modules for operation by the virtual workforce- For example, an automated business process module can be created to acquire information for new company starters, which could also be applied to the similar process of on boarding new customers
- Our ability to remain scalable and flexible, and deliver rapid realisation of benefits, to meet changing business challenges and demands
- Our approach to making best use of existing systems, experience and expertise without the need for costly investment in IT tools and lengthy projects
If you have a question about our Lean Process Automation service, please contact us